ODAIA helps sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behavior. Our signature SaaS product Maptual (focused on the medical and life sciences space), incorporates data and AI predictions so that our clients understand their customers on a deeper level and with the right people, faster. Some of our clients include Janssen, AstraZeneca, Ipsen, and Sandoz.
Founded in 2018 out of the University of Toronto, in collaboration with the University of Lausanne in Switzerland, ODAIA is led by experienced entrepreneurs, scientists, and AI industry veterans. Though we’re working on serious, cutting-edge technology, we consider ourselves a collection of diverse, smart, collaborative, and passionate colleagues with a great sense of humor.
To help companies create sales and marketing efficiencies and grow revenues by transforming their businesses around the customer while driving engagement and commercial growth.
We’re also on a mission to build an innovative, diverse, and ego-free business, where trust, innovation, and ownership are valued. You’re on a mission too? We’re here for it. We put an emphasis on career development for our employees, and the opportunities are extensive.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Senior Machine Learning Engineer will lead the development of the natural language capabilities and machine learning as it relates to providing customer value. The successful candidate will also connect with other feature teams working in these areas. You will collaborate cross-functionally throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and technically solid. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role.
Your Day to Day
• You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
• You will own a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
• You will ship high-quality, scalable, and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
What You Bring
• Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, such as data structures and algorithms.
• Excellent software development practices: unit testing, version control, CI/CD, etc.
• Write clear, well-structured, and efficient code.
• Experience with algorithm optimization, handling large datasets, data, and task parallelism.
• Knowledge or experience with statistical analysis, predictive modeling, analysis of transactional/sequential data.
• Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals such as data & model validation, understanding the strengths/weaknesses of particular algorithms, feature engineering, clustering, neural networks, etc.
• Knowledge of common databases, data storage systems, and optimal data formats.
• Interest in doing R&D in applying existing advanced ML techniques & developing new ones.
• Experience in SQL / Python / R / Other relevant languages.
• Communicate clearly, ability to build good working relationships.
What We Offer
We are a remote-first company based in Toronto with plans for in-person collaborative work sessions post-covid. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools as well as virtual social events and provide an allowance for your ideal WFH setup.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.